130. How does faith that justifies manifest itself?
In good works and a holy transformation.
True faith cannot be without works any more than a good tree without fruit.
- For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10)
- Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)
- For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. (James 2:26)
- In Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love. (Galatians 5:6)