143. What else will happen when Christ returns?
After the judgment of the Antichrist and the binding of Satan, the Lord will establish the millennial kingdom on this earth.
- The angel laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:2)
Christ will be King in this kingdom of peace and justice. Mankind will no longer fight with each other. The enmity between humans and animals and among animals themselves will cease. Rich blessings will flow down from heaven; deserts will be turned into God’s gardens. Death will not be abolished yet, but it will have lost its former power and dominion; mankind will grow old.
Christian discipline, order and custom will prevail in the life of nations. Humanity will be one flock under one shepherd. Sin will still be there, but the peoples will accept the gospel and the grace of God; for the Holy Spirit will then rule on earth in all His fullness.
The converted people of Israel will be missionaries and a blessing to all the peoples of the earth.
- Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!” (Revelation 11:15)
- He shall judge between the nations, and rebuke many people; they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore. (Isaiah 2:4)
- The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. (Isaiah 11:6)
- Righteousness and peace have kissed. (Psalm 85:10)
- They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea. (Isaiah 11:9)
- Yes, many peoples and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD. Thus says the LORD of hosts: “In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, ‘Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’” (Zechariah 8:22-23)
- Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:6)