140. What will happen immediately after the first resurrection?
All who partake of the first resurrection and transformation will be caught up with Christ into heaven.
They form the Church Bride of the Son of God gathered from all over the world. They will partake of His glory, rule with Him, see God and serve Him in undisturbed bliss.
- For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
- If we are children, then heirs – heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ. (Romans 8:17)
- Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. (Matthew 13:43)
- Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. (Revelation 7:15)
- And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away. (Revelation 21:4)