↓ Skip to Main Content
1. God our Creator and Father
2. About Man
a) The Purpose of Man
b) The Fall of Man
c) Consequences of the Fall of Man
d) The Punishment for Sin
e) Kinds of Sin
f) Knowledge of Sin through the Divine Law
g) The Ten Commandments
3. Jesus Christ, our Saviour
4. The Holy Spirit
5. Order of Salvation
f) Glorification and Christian Hope
6. The Church
7. Means of Grace
a) Word of God
c) Lord’s Supper
Archive for 2. About Man
2. About Man
18. Which special role has God given mankind?
19. What is the difference between man and animal?
20. Since we are made in God’s image, what is man’s destiny?
21. Did the first people live according to God’s plan for them?
22. What is the biblical name for mankind’s disobedience?
23. How did the fall of man happen?
24. Who is Satan or the Devil?
25. Were Adam and Eve forced to give in to Satan’s temptation?
26. What are the consequences of the fall and disobedience of the first man?
27. Why does God punish sin?
28. What are the punishments for sin while on Earth?
29. Is all suffering in life punishment for sin?
30. What is the eternal punishment for sin?
31. But isn’t God a god of love?
32. Can we not atone for our guilt ourselves and escape divine judgment?
33. What did God promise mankind right after the fall of man?
34. What kinds of sin are there?
35. How do we recognise sin?
36. What is the purpose of the divine law?
37. What are the Ten Commandments?
38. How can the commandments be grouped?
39. What does God require in the first commandment?
40. What is idolatry?
41. What does God command in the second commandment?
42. Are images strictly forbidden in church services?
43. What does God command in the third commandment?
44. What is an oath?
45. Can an oath be sworn in God’s name without violating the third commandment?
46. What is the purpose of God’s fourth commandment?
47. What does God command in the fourth commandment?
48. When can we look forward to the holiday as a day of blessing with a clear conscience?
49. How do we serve God on “His day” so that it pleases Him and is a blessing for us?
50. Why was the Jewish Sabbath observed on the seventh day of the week?
51. Why is the Christian day of rest celebrated on the first day of the week (Sunday)?
52. What does God command in the fifth commandment?
53. How does the fifth commandment differ from the others?
54. What does God command in the sixth commandment?
55. Does the sixth commandment only speak about murder?
56. Do we fulfil the sixth commandment by merely not killing our neighbour?
57. What does God command in the seventh commandment?
58. Does God only forbid adultery in the seventh commandment?
59. What does God forbid in the eighth commandment?
60. What does God command in the eighth commandment?
61. What does God command in the ninth commandment?
62. May we never speak a lie?
63. What does God forbid in the tenth commandment?
64. What does God command in the tenth commandment?
65. How does the tenth commandment differ from the other commandments in the second table?
66. How did Jesus Christ summarise the Ten Commandments in one double commandment?