146. How will mankind be judged on the “Last Day”?
According to their works and position towards Jesus Christ; if their name is in the Book of Life.
- And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. (Revelation 20:12-13)
- For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. (Luke 12:48)
- For if we sin wilfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. (Hebrews 10:26-27)
- Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me. Inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me. (Matthew 25:40,45)
- He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. (John 3:36)