148. What great work will God do after the judgment of the world?
God will transform the world into a new creation. Sin with all its consequences will no longer have a place in it. Not only the children of God, but all creatures will partake of the glory to come.
- For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. (Romans 8:19-21)
- We, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. (2 Peter 3:13)
- For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former shall not be remembered or come to mind. (Isaiah 65:17)
- Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. (Revelation 21:1)
- He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” (Revelation 21:5)