89. What does the resurrection mean for Jesus Himself?
Jesus’ resurrection sealed His sonship with God, reveals Him as the victor over death and as the Prince of Life, and proves the eternal validity of His work of redemption.
- For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself. (John 5:26)
- Our Saviour Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. (2 Timothy 1:10)
- Jesus our Lord was raised up from the dead, who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification. (Romans 4:24-25)
- With His own blood Christ entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. (Hebrews 9:12)