137. When will the Lord return?
The Lord will come again when the signs of the times are fulfilled. Only God knows and determines the day.
- Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see these things happening, know that it is near – at the doors! (Mark 13:28-29)
- The Lord speaks in detail about the “signs of the times” in Matthew 4, Mark 13 and Luke 21.
- The day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. (1 Thessalonians 5:2)
- But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (Mark 13:32)