175. Who is invited to the Lord’s Supper?
It is a meal for followers of Jesus, for the believers who love their Saviour, follow Him in sanctification, and want to serve their brothers and sisters in love.
Everyone who realises His misery, deeply repents of his sin, puts all his trust in the Saviour and seeks His righteousness and fellowship has access to the Lord’s table.
- The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart – these, O God, You will not despise. (Psalm 51:17)
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. (Matthew 5:6)
- The one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. (John 6:37)
- As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? (Psalm 42:1-2)