185. Does God hear our prayers?
Yes, God answers our prayers for Christ’s sake, because He is a merciful Father.
- O You who hear prayer, to You all flesh will come. (Psalm 65:2)
- He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honour him. (Psalm 91:15)
- The LORD is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous. (Proverbs 15:29)
- Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. (Matthew 6:8)
Jesus never spoke of prayers that were not answered. He had the absolute certainty that our prayers would always be answered. God answers prayer in the best way, not just sometimes, but every time, although we do not always receive a sign that He has answered in the way we desire. There are always answers, but not always in the way we expect. Regarding the how, where and when in answering our prayers, we should leave these confidently and gratefully to the Lord.