4. How does God show Himself to man?
God makes Himself known to all man through:
- His wonderful creation;
- His actions throughout history;
- His guidance in our life;
- His speaking to us by our conscience.
- The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. (Psalm 19:1)
- What may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
- He makes nations great, and destroys them; he enlarges nations, and guides them. (Job 12:23)
- This decision is by the decree of the watchers, and the sentence by the word of the holy ones, in order that the living may know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, gives it to whomever He will, and sets over it the lowest of men. (Daniel 4:17)
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. (Psalm 32:8)
- Who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them. (Romans 2:15)