77. What did Jesus prefer to call Himself?
He called Himself “Son of Man” in a double sense:
- Human – exactly like us;
- Man above all men, perfect man in the image of God.
- The Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost. (Luke 19:10)
- The Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins. (Matthew 9:6)
- The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. (Matthew 20:28)
- I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven. (Matthew 26:64)