15. What do we understand about God’s providence and how He rules the world?
As Creator and Lord of all things, God rules the world according to a plan full of love and wisdom. This includes everything that leads to the fulfilment of God’s will and glorious purpose. All things, even evil, will ultimately serve Him.
- You reign over all. (1 Chronicles 29:12)
- Who works all things according to the counsel of His will. (Ephesians 1:11)
- Who is wonderful in counsel and excellent in guidance. (Isaiah 28:29)
- You meant evil against me; but God meant it for good. (Genesis 50:20)
- You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. (Psalm 73:24)