↓ Skip to Main Content
1. God our Creator and Father
2. About Man
a) The Purpose of Man
b) The Fall of Man
c) Consequences of the Fall of Man
d) The Punishment for Sin
e) Kinds of Sin
f) Knowledge of Sin through the Divine Law
g) The Ten Commandments
3. Jesus Christ, our Saviour
4. The Holy Spirit
5. Order of Salvation
f) Glorification and Christian Hope
6. The Church
7. Means of Grace
a) Word of God
c) Lord’s Supper
View all posts by Martin Frische
2. Can we see God?
4. How does God show Himself to man?
5. Are these revelations sufficient to get to know God and His will fully?
6. How does God especially make Himself known to man?
7. What do we know that is certain about God through His revelation in Jesus Christ?
8. What can you rejoice in most?
9. Why is God called the Triune God?
10. What do we believe about God?
11. How do we recognise God’s greatness?
12. What does it mean for us, knowing that God created everything?
13. Who are the angels?
14. How is the world sustained?
15. What do we understand about God’s providence and how He rules the world?
16. How does this realisation encourage us?
17. What does God as our Father, Creator and Lord expect from us?
18. Which special role has God given mankind?
19. What is the difference between man and animal?
20. Since we are made in God’s image, what is man’s destiny?
21. Did the first people live according to God’s plan for them?
22. What is the biblical name for mankind’s disobedience?
23. How did the fall of man happen?
24. Who is Satan or the Devil?
25. Were Adam and Eve forced to give in to Satan’s temptation?
26. What are the consequences of the fall and disobedience of the first man?
27. Why does God punish sin?
28. What are the punishments for sin while on Earth?
29. Is all suffering in life punishment for sin?
30. What is the eternal punishment for sin?
31. But isn’t God a god of love?
32. Can we not atone for our guilt ourselves and escape divine judgment?
33. What did God promise mankind right after the fall of man?
34. What kinds of sin are there?
35. How do we recognise sin?
36. What is the purpose of the divine law?
37. What are the Ten Commandments?
38. How can the commandments be grouped?
39. What does God require in the first commandment?
40. What is idolatry?
41. What does God command in the second commandment?
42. Are images strictly forbidden in church services?
43. What does God command in the third commandment?
44. What is an oath?
45. Can an oath be sworn in God’s name without violating the third commandment?
46. What is the purpose of God’s fourth commandment?
47. What does God command in the fourth commandment?
48. When can we look forward to the holiday as a day of blessing with a clear conscience?
49. How do we serve God on “His day” so that it pleases Him and is a blessing for us?
50. Why was the Jewish Sabbath observed on the seventh day of the week?
51. Why is the Christian day of rest celebrated on the first day of the week (Sunday)?
52. What does God command in the fifth commandment?
53. How does the fifth commandment differ from the others?
54. What does God command in the sixth commandment?
55. Does the sixth commandment only speak about murder?
56. Do we fulfil the sixth commandment by merely not killing our neighbour?
57. What does God command in the seventh commandment?
58. Does God only forbid adultery in the seventh commandment?
59. What does God forbid in the eighth commandment?
60. What does God command in the eighth commandment?
61. What does God command in the ninth commandment?
62. May we never speak a lie?
63. What does God forbid in the tenth commandment?
64. What does God command in the tenth commandment?
65. How does the tenth commandment differ from the other commandments in the second table?
66. How did Jesus Christ summarise the Ten Commandments in one double commandment?
67. Who redeems lost sinners?
68. What do I realise from the fact that God wants to save me from destruction?
69. How did God’s love become visible?
70. How did God’s Son come into the world?
71. Who is Jesus Christ?
72. Why did the Saviour have to be both God and man?
73. What is the name of our Redeemer?
74. How do we know that Jesus was human like us?
75. What does the Bible say about Jesus’ youth?
76. How did Jesus overcome the temptation to sin?
77. What did Jesus prefer to call Himself?
78. To which people does Jesus belong as a person?
79. What did Jesus do during His public ministry?
80. How did Jesus treat “great sinners” in particular?
81. How did Jesus fare in His ministry among the people of Israel?
82. Which terrible sin was Israel ultimately guilty of committing against Jesus?
83. How did Jesus react to people’s hatred?
84. Was the crucifixion of Jesus only the deed of His enemies?
85. What does the thought of our Redeemer being crucified tell me?
86. What does the Scripture say about Jesus’ sufferings and death?
87. How do Jesus’ death and suffering benefit me?
88. What happened after Jesus’ death and burial?
89. What does the resurrection mean for Jesus Himself?
90. How did Jesus Christ rise from the dead?
91. What does Jesus’ resurrection mean for us?
92. Where did Jesus Christ ascend to, forty days after His resurrection?
93. What is Jesus’ ascension?
94. Which position and role does our Lord have in heaven?
95. We have come to know Jesus Christ as our Saviour. Now we can answer the important question: What is grace?
96. How does our exalted Lord manifest His redemption to mankind?
97. How has our exalted Lord equipped His messengers for their service?
98. Who is the Holy Spirit?
99. How does the Holy Spirit work in people?
100. Which place does the Holy Spirit have in the lives of Jesus’ disciples?
101. Why is the Holy Spirit necessary?
102. What must a person do to receive the Holy Spirit?
103. Does the promise of the Holy Spirit belong to our children too?
104. How does the Holy Spirit work in believers?
105. Which pictures are used to illustrate the reception and blessings of the Holy Spirit?
106. What does the Holy Spirit desire?
107. How should we relate to the Holy Spirit?
108. Why do we speak of an “order of salvation”?
109. What are the most important parts of God’s work of salvation for the individual?
110. What does the Bible mean by election?
111. What is the practical meaning of election?
112. What do we mean by “calling”?
113. When does God’s call become a calling?
114. What is the Holy Spirit’s role in calling sinners?
115. How do people respond to God’s call?
116. What does it mean to be “born again”?
117. Why must every person be born again?
118. What does the sinner receive when reborn?
119. Does the sinner also have to do something for this transformation to happen in him?
120. What are God’s driving forces in the process of conversion?
121. What is repentance?
122. When is repentance sincere?
123. How is repentance preparation for faith?
124. What does faith mean?
125. How does true faith manifest itself?
126. How do rebirth and conversion relate to one another?
127. What does Scripture say about justification?
128. How are we justified?
129. Can we know whether we are God’s children?
130. How does faith that justifies manifest itself?
131. What is sanctification?
132. What does being “sanctified” mean?
133. How does God sanctify us?
134. What is our role in the process of sanctification?
135. How can glorification be described?
136. What will happen when the Lord returns?
137. When will the Lord return?
138. How will the Lord return?
139. What is the first effect of the Lord’s return?
140. What will happen immediately after the first resurrection?
141. What does knowledge of the Lord’s return exhort us to do?
142. Where do the dead believers reside until their resurrection?
143. What else will happen when Christ returns?
144. When will the world be judged, also known as the “Last Day”?
145. Who does God allow to judge the world?
146. How will mankind be judged on the “Last Day”?
147. What is the end of Satan and his followers?
148. What great work will God do after the judgment of the world?
149. What is God’s last goal?
150. What is the Christian Church?
151. When does a congregation belong to Jesus Christ’s church?
152. What is the old church creed of all Christian churches?
153. Who is the head of the Christian church?
154. How is the Christian church described in the New Testament?
155. Can one easily become a member of the body of Christ when one is a member of a Christian church on Earth?
156. Can we distinguish the true members of the body of Christ from those merely named Christians?
157. Which task does the church have in the world?
158. Which duty does each member of the church have to the others?
159. Why are there so many different Christian churches around the world?
160. Should these differences be allowed to cause division between the members of the body of Christ?
161. Where do the divisions within the Christian Church come from?
162. Where do we place our hope when there is divisiveness in the Christian church?
163. What special means of grace did Jesus Christ entrust to His church on Earth to awaken and promote Christian faith and life?
164. What is the “Word of God”?
165. Which place must the Word of God have in our church?
166. To whom has the Lord entrusted the preaching of God’s Word in the church?
167. Is the Bible meant only for the use of pastors?
168. What do we understand about the sacraments?
169. How did the Lord institute baptism in the church?
170. What is the meaning of baptism?
171. What kinds of baptism are performed in Jesus’ church?
172. When did the Lord Jesus institute the Lord’s Supper?
173. What do the bread and wine in the Lord’s Supper symbolise?
174. What does the Lord’s Supper mean?
175. Who is invited to the Lord’s Supper?
176. So what should precede the participation in the Lord’s supper?
177. Who should the Lord’s church exclude from the Lord’s Supper?
178. How does the Holy Spirit prepare us so that the Lord’s Supper may be a blessing to us?
179. What does it mean to pray?
180. What does God want to hear in our prayers?
181. How should we pray?
182. What does it mean to pray in the name of Jesus?
183. When should we pray?
184. Where is the best place to pray?
185. Does God hear our prayers?
186. When does our prayer remain without a divine answer?
187. Can we learn to pray?
188. What are the words of the “Our Father”?
189. What do we learn from the “Our Father” for all our prayers?
190. Who does the Christian call on in prayer?
191. What is your only comfort in life and death?